BE YOUR WIFE’S FIRST PRESIDENT
Too many men today have forgotten what it means to be a husband or what it means to be the president of their marriage union. Former US president- Barack Obama, learnt to lead his wife and family, which was his first country before trying to lead a country. Majority of men have forgotten their duties as the head of the family, hence, we see a lot of short-lived marriages and dysfunctional families.
Barack and Michelle had figure out a way to make their marriage work by proactively nurturing their relationship. Here are few observations about, how Barack Obama leads Michelle to a regular place of happiness and bliss:
1. He is very protective of Michelle and his family.God overall first, Michelle is first in this world, kids second, him third and then Presidential duties last.
2. He truly cares and provides consistent doses of affections and affectionate deeds towards Michelle.
3. He listens to Michelle and doesn’t take her for granted by allowing former presidential status to cloud his judgements towards Michelle.
4. He treats Michelle as his best friend. He knows that a friend is someone who you enjoy spending time with. Ideally, husband and wife are each other’s best friend. He has a great sense of humour and makes Michelle laugh a lot.
5. He shows an indescribable strong feeling of closeness and intimacy to Michelle.Just to be clear, when I say intimacy, I’m NOT just talking about sex. Intimacy is that feeling of closeness that a man and woman are meant to experience inside of a marriage. True intimacy is the manifestation of deep love between two people, and it doesn’t always have to be physical.
6. He is not just a former president, but a real father. He acts and demonstrates the traits of a good father to their daughters.
I pray that all men can recognise that, God wants them to be presidents first at home before being presidents of whatever they want: business, career, etc.
A prove that a man is a president to his wife and the wife’s satisfaction comes first in this world, are based on the emotional, physical, spiritual, financial, psychological well being of his wife. When a woman is consistently unhappy in her marriage, then, the man is not a good president yo her but a child, a selfish boy, and a player.
Check out my book on Amazon- What Can I Do To My Marriage Work?